Pharmacogenomics diagnostic service creates your genetic profile and provides information on your unique genetic makeup. This information can be used to prescribe pain, psychiatry, and cardiology medications.
Simple and quick
Our drug-gene testing service determines your body’s response to medications. It’s a simple and quick test that creates your genetic profile.
For the drug test, we collect pharmacogenetic patient samples at our office. These samples are handled with care by highly trained professionals. Once the samples are processed and tested in a state-of-the-art lab, you will receive easy-to-read but detailed reports. These reports will help your doctor treat you in the light of up-to-date genetic information about you.
Finding the right medication for you
You inherited thousands of genes from your parents. These genes are responsible for various functions of your body. For example, the color of your eye, your blood group, and your body’s response to certain medications are determined by your genes. You may have a different blood group from your parents because of gene mutations.
Pharmacogenomics or drug-gene test looks for changes in the genes responsible for processing medications. It helps understand your body’s response to medications before they are given to you.
Drug-gene test can be used to study possible side effects of a specific drug. With the help of this test, your doctor can determine effective and targeted medication according to your genetic profile.
In a nutshell, this testing service can help with the following.
- Right drug for the right patient in view of your genetic profile
- Determine the right dose according to your body’s reaction to medications
- Easily predict efficacy of a drug before administering it to a patient
- Improves patient safety by determining side effects of certain drug
- Resolves patient’s depression and anxiety
Metabolic Rate and Pharmacogenomics
Certain genes are responsible for controlling your body’s metabolic rate. Mutations in these genes can change your metabolism in response to certain drugs. It’s extremely useful to determine a patient’s genetic profile to study the relationship between genetic-metabolic rates an certain medications such as the following.
- Antifungal medications
- Antiemetic medications
- Acid disorder
- Urinary incontinence
During this test, we will also determine risk factors for the following.
Each patient will need to have this test once for certain medication. Although your gene makeup stays the same, you may need to have another drug-gene test for creating your gene profile in reference to another drug.
Limitations of Pharmacogenomics Testing
Pharmacogenomics testing has helped thousands of patients. However, this testing service has some limitations.
- One single pharmacogenomic test determines your response to only one medication
- No pharmacogenomic test can determine your body’s response to all medications
- Those taking more than one medication would need to have more than one drug-gene tests
- Drug-gene tests are not available for all medications
- No pharmacogenomic tests are available for many over-the-counter pain relievers
It’s a simple and safe test. For more information, call our office today.